Monday 19 October 2015

Two hours with Fusibles and Transfer Foil - Lisa

So this week we played with fusibles and transfer foil, I have only used transfer foil once before so I tapped into Denises' greater knowledge. Fortunately she has a big box of painted bondaweb and we used white cotton for base fabric. Work on an ironing board and use the stand of your soldering iron or an upturned flower pot as the tip gets very hot.


 
We torn bits and layered it on, ironing between two sheets of baking parchments.


 
We used the tip of the iron and the side to apply the transfer foil - colour side up!


 
You can add more or less, different colours etc.

 
I tried some misty fuse which gave a nice effect. if the transfer foil looks a little thick, give it a good rub together and it falls off where it hasn't stuck.
 
 
You can then apply a second layer/colour which will pick up the leftover glue.

 
I tried some Vilene hotspots, small and large, which give a different effect again. this comes as A4 sheets and strips.
 

I then tried using the soldering iron to apply the transfer foil onto bondaweb. This was not very successful, although maybe with some further experimenting it would be better. Denise used her Clover quilting mini iron - I don't think she uses it for quilting - she will post about that.

I'm probably going to do some stitching on these samples, either hand or machine, I'll post pictures later.

No comments:

Post a Comment